Wednesday, December 31, 2014

End of an Era

After 20 years' covering small business for the Los Angeles Times, Businessweek and Bloomberg, I'm moving on in 2015.

Starting Monday I'll be on staff at the San Fernando Valley Business Journal, which won first place in its category last year in a national competition sponsored by the Alliance of Area Business Publishers.

I'm sad that Bloomberg is phasing out its small business coverage in 2015, but I will always be an advocate for small businesses. I'm excited to start something new and I'm also very glad to continue in journalism, which is becoming an endangered profession at a time when we need it more than ever.

Happy New Year!

7 comments:

  1. I've enjoyed your columns, Karen. I'll watch for you in the SFV Business Journal. Onward!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karen,

    Everyone at our PR firm, rbb Public Relations in Miami, has enjoyed working with you over the years and are sorry that you aren't continuing at Bloomberg. Good luck in this current endeavor and hope to see you at the Spring SABEW conference.

    Regards,

    Josh Merkin
    vice president, rbb

    ReplyDelete
  3. Best of luck Karen in your new endeavor-- we will stay in touch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Best of luck! Will miss your small business coverage.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a shame! Always enjoyed your columns, Karen.
    Looking forward to here from you soon.
    Regards,
    Derek

    ReplyDelete