Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Health Care Resource

I wrote recently about the top health care reform myths and realities.

As with any health care reform articles, additional questions and concerns (along with a fair share of rants) cropped up in the follow up comments.

I'm sure I'll write about reform again, but meanwhile a new, interactive forum aims to continue the discussion. HealthyChat, created by insurance giant WellPoint (parent company of Anthem), is an "effort to engage consumers using technology and social media to help improve their health IQ, help them work toward improving their own health as well as the health of those close to them," according to the company.

Check it out and let me know what you think.

5 comments:

  1. No wonder people are freaking out. I think having to give a 1099 to the office supply store is pushing it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, the 1099 requirements really are onerous. I think they're likely to be modified before they become effective.

    However, much of the other "freaking out" activity is being stoked by misinformation distributed in scare emails, and it's unfortunate. But probably predictable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where should I tell my friends to look for non-partisan, unbiased information? AARP magazine?

    ReplyDelete
  4. The website I referenced in the post might be helpful. It is industry sponsored, but they do sometimes put out unbiased info and they certainly have the resources to do a good job of it.

    The Henry J. Kaiser Family Foundation (not affiliated with Kaiser Permanente) has been my best source for all the health care reporting I've done. It's excellent and nonprofit/nonpartisan. Here's a summary of the bill:
    http://www.kff.org/healthreform/8023.cfm

    ReplyDelete