Saturday, December 10, 2011

Babbling Fish

Another one of those weird, unintentionally hilarious auto-translations of a column popped up in my Google Alerts today.

According to Movimento degli Africani, I am the "Intelligent Answers" columnist. I suppose the wording could have been a lot worse!

Here's just a snippet:

Once tiny organization proprietors understand what the quantities mean, they are able to strategy more knowledgeably and steer clear of getting blindsided, says Hettinger. Edited excerpts of his current conversation with Intelligent Answers columnist Karen E. Klein comply with.

I wouldn't say the translation software did a very good job with the headline. It changed "Building a Business vs. Making a Living" into "Developing a Enterprise vs. Creating a Residing."

Ouch. I think I'll stick with my own editor, who does a great job writing headlines - in English.

No comments:

Post a Comment