Thursday, December 15, 2011

Free Shipping Day

Online shopping is way up this year, according to retail stats.

If you plan on ordering online for your holiday gifts, think about doing it this Friday, Dec. 16. That's Free Shipping Day, an Internet phenomenon that I documented in a podcast when it started four years ago.

Basically, participating merchants offer free shipping and guarantee delivery by Christmas Eve if you order with them online Friday. More than 2,000 retailers, including many small businesses, have signed up so far.

Me? I'm making my list and taking it to my local bookstore, my local stationery store and an artisan marketplace this year. These are small businesses that I want to see survive and thrive. I figure this way, I can help them out and not have to pay shipping costs at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment