Thursday, July 23, 2009

Absolutely Free!

I mentioned "Hit the Ground Running," the book authored by the expert I interviewed this week on my podcast, Jason Jennings. It's the story of how top CEOs quickly make a big, positive impact on their companies.

They sent me a copy and I've read it, so I'd be happy to give it to a blog reader who can benefit from it.

I think it'd also be interesting to read the opposite book, the one about how quickly new CEOs can run a company into the ground and why. Sort of a cautionary tale.

Jason and I talked about this and he said he's pitched a couple of books from the "lessons learned" side of things, but his publishers never go for it. I guess they think the public can only handle happy endings.

I think they're selling Americans short, frankly. People love to read about how others screw up, especially if they can avoid mistakes as a result. The Los Angeles Times used to have a regular feature on personal finance that chronicled how people got into debt, how much trouble they were in and what they could do to dig themselves out.

I never missed it!

Email me with your address if you want Jason Jennings' book and I'll ship it out ASAP. You can get my email address by clicking on "view my complete profile" in the right-hand column under my picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment