Tuesday, September 29, 2009

I Want My Web TV

I thought podcasting was scary when I was first asked to record a weekly podcast a few years ago, but it's gotten easier over time.

But what about writing, recording, editing and starring in your own Web TV show?

That's what increasing numbers of small business owners are doing, thanks to new technology and inexpensive equipment. I chronicle the trend toward online shows in today's Smart Answers column.

It's pretty darned interesting, if I do say so. Check it out.

Speaking of the podcast, this week I interview a long-time source of mine who's also an author and speaker on small business topics. She's just written a new book that compiles best practices from more than 50 successful entrepreneurs. She shares a few of the tips she gleaned here.

7 comments:

  1. But how many skills do we need? Suave public speakers, elegant writers, entrepeneurial skills, and, holy smokes, now we've got to be ready for our close-up!

    Hm. Maybe I just need a nap.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, it's unbelievable. Sometimes I really look forward to retirement, except I'll probably never really get to.

    It seems like we're constantly being asked to do more, for less money and less security in the long run, doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Could this "do everything" trend be part of the economic downturn, or do you think it's the future, even when money starts to flow again? Even your source says to outsource, right?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think the future is all about entrepreneurship, and people having to take charge of their own marketing and promotion.

    In contrast to the old model where you'd get a job in a large corporation and be pretty much set for life doing what was asked of you in your little niche.

    That model may still apply in some industries, but it certainly doesn't fly in journalism anymore. And I suspect it doesn't work in a lot of other industries either.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi, alos finding how to stream a tv channel to web tv, can some one help me..


    WebTv Channels

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry, I don't have any of the technical knowledge so I can't help you.

    ReplyDelete