Friday, December 4, 2009

Future Thoughts

The BusinessWeek to Bloomberg transition is underway. Unfortunately, more than 100 editorial staffers were downsized last month as part of the integration of the two companies. I was very distressed to hear that many of my colleagues were laid off.

The good news is that my editor and the staff of the SmallBiz website, where Smart Answers appears, have been spared. Its counterpart, the SmallBiz magazine, does not look so fortunate. The new BusinessWeek editor-in-chief is likely to make content decisions over the next several months.

One immediate repercussion for me is that the award-winning Smart Answers podcast will go on hiatus after the middle of this month.

I've enjoyed doing the weekly podcast for the past several years and I hope it has been useful for my listeners. If you're one of those listeners and you want to see the podcast return, don't hesitate to let me know or leave a comment on the podcast at iTunes. Search "BusinessWeek Smart Answers" podcast; there's a space for listener comments near the bottom of the page.

3 comments:

  1. I've just begun listening to the podcast and really enjoy it. I'm more a reader than a listener, but I'm just getting started!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So relieved that you were spared the axe.

    ReplyDelete