Thursday, January 28, 2010

Incubating Your Idea

Starting a successful food business is extraordinarily difficult, time-consuming and costly.

But at a local small business kitchen incubator, food business entrepreneurs are getting a helping hand and use of a licensed, commercial kitchen to work on their recipes and prepare product for sale.

I got to visit a Pasadena kitchen incubator and interview several of the resident entrepreneurs there in my Smart Answers column this week. Check it out!

3 comments:

  1. The kitchen incubator is such a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It really is, though they are very difficult to sustain as profit-making enterprises. This one, being a nonprofit, has a chance to be around for a while, I think.

    I'm going to be volunteering there once a week, helping out the startup entrepreneurs. I think it will be fun and fulfilling. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Post about your experiences, will you please? I'd like to hear how it goes.

    ReplyDelete