Monday, November 22, 2010

Strap On Those Boots

Are you bootstrapping a start up company - or thinking about it?

If so, you may want to check out this experiment in transparent bootstrapping by a couple entrepreneurs named Jared and Adam.

They read a column I wrote about bootstrapping and contacted me:

We're in the process of bootstrapping a company and we decided that we want to make our experiences as visible and tangible as possible so as to potentially help future bootstrappers.


They promise to be honest and upfront about their business efforts, including "exposing our internal workings more than most companies would be comfortable doing." Sounds interesting.

My initial feedback, which I'll send them directly, is that the blog is tough to read on my monitor. The type is small and the white/red on black makes it worse.

Do you have any advice for them, or thoughts about their experiment?

2 comments:

  1. I think they've got a great idea, and the transparency thing adds a twist that makes them extra interesting.

    I agree--white type on a black background is just too awful to read. I would also break up those long paragraphs. People look at a huge block of type like that, their eyes glaze over and they skip to the shorter paragraphs.

    I love the name of the company.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, isn't that a great name? It's an interesting idea, and one very few companies would be brave enough to try out.

    ReplyDelete