Thursday, December 9, 2010

Updating Your Website?

Check out this great post, with terrific visuals, from the small business folks at American Express OPEN.

I agree with the commenters: Not only is it a big expense and aesthetic hurdle for many small companies to host a fantastic website, but the bigger problem comes in updating it and keeping it fresh.

If you don't have someone in-house, it usually has to be done under contract and becomes a low priority for the busy entrepreneur.

h/t to my web guru, Paula Johnson, for the link.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the shout-out, Karen. OPEN does have good information on all sorts of topics. I have a gazillion sites bookmarked, but that's one I actually read.

    I've created many sites, and offer a downloadable website worksheet to help people start planning their sites. The PDF can be found on my portfolio page:
    http://bit.ly/paulawebsamples

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good resource, Paula, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just a tip for WordPress sites. Try the multilingual plugin http://wpml.org/ and keep your website updated in several languages easily!

    ReplyDelete