Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Just Say No

This is why I never, ever, ever agree to anything proposed over an unsolicited phone call.

Thanks to the Do Not Call list, I rarely get those calls anymore, though I have gotten a couple just recently.

But I have no trouble giving them a resounding, "No," or a "Send me something in writing and I'll consider it," when I do. Not surprisingly, they never follow up.

Shame on these charities for using deceptive tactics, and rather shocking, given how well-known they are. Bravo to Bloomberg Markets for an excellent investigative piece. Glad journalism is still digging in to things like this.

1 comment:

  1. Oh man, that is bad. And it gives a bad name to good charities.

    Donotcall.gov is one of my favorite sites. I also report unwanted text messages, and I rarely get those either.

    ReplyDelete