Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Your $5, Please

There are so many free resources cropping up for entrepreneurs I can hardly keep track of them all.

Here's one that lists a whole bunch of services you can get for $5.

Really? I haven't purchased anything for $5 in - I can't remember how long. I thought the $5 purchase had gone the way of the .05-cent ice cream cone, which was the going price at my local Sav-On Drugstore (Sav-On!) when I was a tiny child. (It was quite a shock when the single cone went up to a dime. What was the world coming to!?)

Anyway, it's obvious that most folks offering something for $5 are hoping to up-sell you into a contract that's just a tad more lucrative. So take these for what they're worth (which would be $5, actually).

But maybe it's not such a bad idea. Experts are always advising small business startups to heavily discount - or even give away - their services to strategic early clients. FiveRR may just be the logical extension of that principle.

No comments:

Post a Comment