Thursday, April 16, 2009

Business Startups

Lots and lots of people are thinking about starting companies right now. Some have been laid off, others are retiring early, all have long had the entrepreneurial bug. My email is jammed with startup questions.

I address two of them in my LA Times In Box column this week.

Having had a couple of relatives crash and burn with startups - with dire consequences for their finances and even their marriages, sadly! - I try hard to instill some common sense into my answers. If I can steer clueless newbies to a prudent, research-based approach to starting their companies, I feel that I've done both my job and a public service.

My Smart Answers podcast this week is all about how to evaluate a bank and move your accounts if you can upgrade the relationships and services involved.

2 comments: