Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Calling All Writers

Since I started blogging, I've often mentioned the creative genius of my friend and web guru Paula Johnson.

Her latest project is a website anthology for authors of "flash fiction." (She defines that term as really, really short stories - 1,000 words or less.)

The site is a place for fiction writers to try out their work, get some feedback and perhaps develop a following. There are a couple of rules about content but mostly you can write about whatever you want to, as long as you wrap it up quickly.

Are you a short fiction writer - or a wanna-be "flasher"? Go over to Rose City Sisters and get your work published online.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for the plug, Karen! The submissions have been coming in slowly but surely. We have a story from a writer in India.

    The first story will go online on May 1, but there are lots of posts to read about writing right now.

    http://rosecitysisters.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great to hear that you're getting some creative input! I know at least one of my (shy) readers is contemplating submitting her own effort.

    If I can find a bit of time one of these months, I'll see if I can come up with something myself!

    ReplyDelete