Sunday, June 21, 2009

Garden Blogging

You may remember the organic garden where we rototilled, enhanced the soil and planted earlier this year.

Well, the hard work has really paid off!


We have already eaten some Cue Ball round zucchini, and we have Early Girl tomatoes and small pumpkins ripening:



Also flourishing are cucumbers, cantaloupe, white eggplant, bell peppers, green onions, watermelon and pole beans:


Cultivating the soil about 18 inches deep, and adding back layers of dried leaves, home-grown compost and organic manure was really hard work. But in all my years of gardening, I've never seen such healthy, vibrant plants.

The best part of the garden is that my younger son has caught the fever and has become my partner in the project.

I hope we'll be posting photos of gorgeous produce soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment